Centrifugally cast composite parts made up with a matrix in silicon-aluminum alloy and SiC reinforcement elements: Silicon Carbide particles.
Characteristics of an ALUSiC® piece:
- SiC reinforcement ratio ranging from 30 to 60% (in volume) depending on the application.
- Perfect volume distribution of the SiC particles.
- Low density (d ≤ 2.95).
- Very low expansion coefficient (alpha < 8x10-6 with 60% SiC).
- High thermal conductivity (> 150W/m/°K).
- Very high stiffness (Proof stress > 185x10-6 N/mm² with 60% SiC).
- Exceptional wear resistance.
- Good mechanical properties under hot conditions (up to 300° C / 572° F).
The non-reinforced zone has the characteristics of basic alloy.